He is a Registered Professional Mechanical Engineer in the States of Arizona, California, Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. In addition, he is registered with the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying, Certificate No. 6999.
Mr. Acorn is an Adjunct Professor at the Arizona State University Del E. Webb School of Construction in Tempe, AZ. Mr. Acorn teaches a variety of graduate level courses, workshops and short courses. In addition, Mr. Acorn is an advisor to CREATE, ACE the Alliance for Construction Excellence and the IAB – Industry Advisory Board all affiliated with ASU. Mr. Acorn is an Adjunct Professor at the University of Arizona in the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering where he teaches a course on HVAC systems.
• ASHRAE – Fellow (past President of Tucson Chapter)
• Alliance for Construction Excellence – Arizona State University, Tempe, Az.
• American Consulting Engineers Council
• National Academy of Forensic Engineers
• National Society of Professional Engineers
• Tau Beta Pi, National Engineering Honorary Society
- Heating, Ventilating & Air Conditioning Systems
- Workplace Exposures to Hazardous Materials
- Cleanrooms for Advanced Technology Industries
- Compliance with Codes and Standards
- Standard of Care in Design and Construction
- Refrigeration Systems
- Fire and Explosions in Hazardous Occupancies
- Piping Systems
Mr. Acorn’s consulting activities are exclusively limited to:
- Project Consulting
- Forensic Consulting
- Mentoring & Advanced Education
William Acorn is founder and principal of Acorn Consulting Services, LLC. As a consulting mechanical engineer, Bill has more than 35 years experience as a professional engineer and is a recognized expert in assessing, evaluating, remediating and providing testimony on complex project design, construction and operational matters. His consulting expertise has been influential in shaping approaches to code compliance and life safety in semiconductor and similar advanced technology facilities. He represents both plaintiffs and defendants.