One of the duties I was asked to perform was in-house training of maintenance personnel, parks and recreation personnel, inspectors and any other personnel who were subject to live traffic while performing their duties.
I have continued my teaching through American Traffic Safety Services Association (ATSSA). I have been instructing through the ATSSA for 17 years and have trained over 20,000 people to date.
• Temporary Traffic Controls for Roadway Construction
• Roadway Site Safety for Road Workers
• Traffic Safety Consulting Services for Roadway Safety and motivational Speaker
• Contracted as Master Instructor to American Safety Services Association (ATSSA) currently approved to teach the following ATSSA courses:
• All Various State Specific Courses for Temporary Traffic Control
• FHWA Grant courses
• Various State Specific Grant courses
• Other various specialty contracts under grants from Department of Homeland Security and other sources
• Various webinars on Traffic Related Specialties
• Used by various state Department of Transportations and Nation wide contractors to train private courses for in-house personnel for Incident Response and construction.
1994-1999 City of Overland Park, KS Overland Park, KS
Traffic Engineering Technician
• Development and coordination with Police, Fire and Med-Act for emergencies within Right of Way
• Coordinating with other Cities, Counties and State for all Projects, Special Events and Emergencies for Temporary Traffic Patterns
• Supervising all City Maintenance and Police Personnel on site for all Special Events
• Coordination of Special Events with the City Manager’s Office, Police Department, Event Coordinators and Media
• Development of new City specifications, City standards and City handbook for Temporary Traffic Control to be in accordance with the latest MUTCD and Kansas State standards
• Development and Coordination of Temporary Traffic Control Plans for City Projects and Special events
• Review of Temporary Traffic Control Plans submitted by Engineering Firms for new Developments and Right of Way Permits
• Developing and Implementing all temporary Traffic Control Training Courses for all City personnel working within Right of Way
• Inspection of all Temporary Traffic Patterns for Emergency Response, Special Events, Utilities and Construction
1986-1994 Safe-T-Flare Rental Services Kansas City, MO
Traffic Control Supervisor
• Installation, Inspection, Maintenance and Removal of Traffic Control Devices per plans, Federal MUTCD or various State Standards for Emergency Response and Construction
• Development of Roadway Plans for Temporary Traffic Control in accordance with the Federal MUTCD and various State Standards
• Supervising Personnel
• Training of Newly Hired personnel
Traffic Safety Consultants provides litigation consulting and expert witness services for legal cases involving fatalities, catastrophic injuries, personal injuries, and workplace safety. We have expertise in Work zone safety and OSHA regulations for construction, utilities, special events, emergency response and maintenance.